2008/04/14

Charo episode3 - Sweet sausage blues

The next morning, Charo wakes up in a back alley. No, he's not in a dream. Just then something hits the ground right in front of Charo. It's a bagle.

Dread:Eat.
Charo:おじさん
Dreat:What? You called me?
Charo:うん
Dread:Dread. My name is Dread.
Charo:(in a small voice) Dread...Thank you, Dread.

Charo jumps right to the bagel and muches. He hasn't eaten anything for such a long time.

Dread: And you?
Charo:?
Dread: What's your name?
Charo:(munching) Charo. I'm Charo.
Dread:Charo,huh? Okay,Charo, you feel strong enough to walk now?
Charo:Yes.
Dread:Come on,then.
Charo:Where?
Dread:You've got to live by yourself,right?
Charo:Yes...
Dread:Then there's a lot to learn. Come with me.

Charo follows Dread,wondering where they're going. Soon they come to the door of a restaurant kitchen.

(A woman comes out.)

Rosa: Dread!! I almost thought you weren't coming. And hey,you've got company!

Rosa is the person who runs the restaurant. Charo is struck by the charming way she looks.

Rosa: So, you're still a little puppy.Wait,I'll bring something special for you.
Dread:She always does this, you know.
Sharo:She's kind.
Dread:Humph.

Rosa comes back from the kitchen and tosses a sausage to Charo.

Rosa:You like it? I'm glad,baby. It's all yours. A nice-to-meet-you gift. Ciao!

(Charo suddenly seems sad and sits in front of the sausage. Dread is watching him, while eating his share of leftovers.)

Dread:What's the matter? You don't like sausage?
Charo: I love them.
Drean: Then eat.
Charo:Yes.

Charo brings his mouth to the sausage, but he can't see it well. His eyes are filled with tears.

Dread: Now what?
Charo:Sausage. Shota gave me sausage, too. when we first met.
Dread: Who's Sota?
Charo: My owner. I was just born. I thought I was dying, I was so hungry. Shota came and took me in. He fed me and saved my life.

Suddenly Charo starts to cry. Dread seems embarrassed. He isn't really good around sad, crying puppies. Finally Charo sheds his last tear.

Dread: Feeling better?
Charo: Yes. Thank you.
Dread: Then, eat.

But Charo just looks at the sausage. He then takes it in his mouth, walks over and drops it beside Dread.

Dread:What?
Charo:Let's eat together!
Dread:Thanks but no thanks. It's yours, boy. Eat whenever you can,whatever you can. That's rule number one in this city.

Dread goes back to his own plate. At this moment, Charo realizes that somehow being close Dread makes him feel safe.

0 件のコメント: