2010/08/16

Bon_Festival and Japanese garden

My summer vacation was over. I could enjoy to spend a time with my parent and my relatives this year.

By the way, I met my grand father.
He is in the hospital.
I hope he will be doing well.

Japanese custom "bon festival" is held to welcome back the spirits of the dead.

It is believed the spirits return to their families during the festival. People visit their relatives' graves to pray and make offerings of flowers and incense.

During the period, many people receive company holidays.
Expressways and trains are often crowded with people returning to their hometowns.
However, the number of companies giving their employees time off is decreasing.

After meeting my relative, we had a lunch at my uncle's house.
In the past, my grand mother and my grand father lived in it.
When I was a child, I often went to there.

It was my important place.

I spend some time in the garden of his house.



In the past, I often played in there.

I will write about my summer vacation later.

0 件のコメント: