2010/09/24

Madagascar Periwinkle and full moon

I can still see Madagascar Periwinkle in my balcony.


By the way, Japanese weather is so strange.

It was too hot every day in this summer.
And it wasn't rain at all...

A few days, the temprature became cold.

This is Japanese vegetable "Mizuna". I will be able to harvest them soon.



On September 22, I made Japanese dish boiled food "Nimono".



Because we could see the full moon. My friend told me it is Japanese custom that we eat "Nimono" while enjoy to seeing the moon.

Ingredient of Nimono are taro , carrots, chicken.
Especially, taro is autumn's vegetable.
It means we hope we'll harvest vegetables.

Tsukimi (night of the full moon on August 15 and September 13 of the lunar calendar); the days for "moon-gazing." Decorations of Japanese pampas grass are used, and moon-offerings of sake and dango (a kind of dumpling) are made as the people gaze at the moon, enjoying the autumn evening.

I could see the full moon. I was so satisfied.

0 件のコメント: