2008/08/05

The Bon festival

The Bon festival will come soon next week.

This year, the Bon festival takes place every year from August 13th to 16th.

This Buddhist festival is held to welcome back the souls of the dead.
These souls are believed to return to their families during the festival.

It is also an occasion for people to visit their relatives' graves to pray and make offerings of food and flowers.
When I was a child, I often went to my grandmother's house with my family to pray. Then we made these horses by vegetables.
They are called "Shyouryou uma".
"Syorou uma" is believed that dead people ride on "Syorou uma" to come to our world.

Most cities also hold Bon dances at this time.
So we put on yukata and enjoyed dancing when I was a child.

Many people receive company holidays during the Bon period and go back to their hometowns.
According to JR, the number of people returning to their own homes after the holidays will reach a peak on August 16th.

I couldn't take holidays while the Bon period at ex companies.
However, my current company receive company holidays.
So I will go to my parent's home to spend a time with them next week.
If I wasn't busy, I would take holidays from friday of this week.

I will write about my vacation after coming back to Tokyo.

0 件のコメント: