2008/06/03

Charo Episode 10 - True birthday

One day, Charo finds Candy crying. He runs up to Her.

Charo: (panting) Hi,Candy. It's me...Charo. Are you crying?

Candy: Leave me alone.

Charo: But why are you so sad?

Candy: It's ... my birthday today.

Charo: Birthday. Congratulations!

Candy: Congratulations? No, there's nothing to congratulate about my birthday. That's why nobody is celebrating.

Again, Candy starts to cry.

Candy: Last year, I had a goregeous birthday party. A big tall cake, lots of food, lots of presents... Everything was just perfect. But this year, Chris and his father are gone. Both of them have forgotten about me. What's going on?

Charo: Oh, I see.

Candy: I see? What can you see?

Charo: I'm sorry.

Candy: You'll know exaxtly how I feel when it's your birthday.

Charo: No... I won't.

Candy: What do you mean, "No"?

Charo: I ... I don't know when my birthday is.

Candy: What?

Charo: I was abondoned... so I don't know .

Candy: Then you don't celebrate...?

Charo: I don't think so.

Candy: ...Oh...

Candy seems a bit embarrassed.

Then , a car stops and Chris gets out.

Chris: Candy! There you are. I've been looking all over for you!

Candy: Arf,Arf! Chris!

Chirs: What's the matter? Come on, it's your birthday today. Let's go home and celebrate!

Candy: (in tears again) Arf!

Chris: I'm sorry to be late. We were looking for your present.

Candy is happy. She turns to Charo, who gives her a big smile.

Charo: You'd better go.

Candy: Yes... but...

Charo: Happy birthday, Candy!

Candy: Thanks! And about your birthday...

Instead of words, she just kisses Charo on the cheek, and runs towards Chiris.

That night...

Dread: My birthday?

Charo: Yes, Dread. Do you know your birthday?

Dread: What is it, all of a sudden?

Charo: Does everybody celebrate? Have you ever celebrated your birthday?

Dread: Cut it out.

Charo: But have you?

Dread: Yes, I have.

Dread: It doesn't really matter when your birthday is. You have a wonderful day to celebreate anyway.

Charo: What?

Dread: You remember the day you met Shota?

Charo: Yes. It was a snowy day. Sunday morning.

Dread: Then every snowy Sunday morning will be your birthday...

Charo: ...

Dread: What? Something wrong?

Charo: No... Thanks, Dread.

Dread: It's late. Get some sleep.

With this, Charo feels calm again. Before long, he falls into a sound a peaceful sleep.

2 件のコメント:

ba さんのコメント...

Gorgeous!!!
I love dogs. Every time I read Charo's story, it breaks my heart!!!
I'll try to remember Charo's birthday(s), although it doesn't rain in Brazil...
Reona, can you tell me if there is Charo's episodes available on YouTube? I couldn't find'em...
Take care!

reona さんのコメント...

Ba:
Oi!

How are you?
I'm fine.
Thank you for reading my blog and you like Charo?
Me too!

The story is so fun!
I think you won't be able to watch TV programs of Charo...
I'm sorry.

Some of Japanese TV doesn't allow to upload their TV programs because of licenses.
Indeed, I used to upload videos of Japanese TV and YouTube deleted them...
Especially, Japanese officail TV NHK protects...

I hope you watch it someday.
P.S I will send the email if I find it.
But you can watch videos of Charo after signing up this website.
Only email & password.
https://cgi2.nhk.or.jp/charo/