2007/01/09

Japanese new year days #1

I went to my father's home on 30th Dec. After going to there, I finally met my family.

Japanese people have a custom of doing a general year-end cleaning of both the inside and outside of their homes to greet the New Year. So I helped cleaning. Then I cook Japanese new year food "Osechi" with my mother.

- baked fishes and prawn,broccoli


- "kamaboko" and "dashimaki tamago","kobumaki"


- chikens and vegetabls,black beans


- tazukuri


My mother and me had cooked them for 3 hours. Japanese start eating Osechi while new year days. After that, we ate Japanese noodle "soba". It is common that Japanese eat "Soba" on New Year's Eve. Of course I ate this. This is "Tempura Shrimp cold soba". It was very delicious.


When it was 11 pm, we went to the temple "Atuta jingu". This temple is very famous.

When We arrived at there at 11:30 of New Year's Eve, there were a lot of people in order to enjoy a great New Year's Day and make wishes for the coming year. Of course we enjoyed together in there.

I will write about my new year later.

3 件のコメント:

Mike さんのコメント...

Hi reona
that food looks really interesting and tasty,
the dry sardines with sugar sounds quite strange, I would like to try that ... are they tasty?
Also it say's at the web site for the shrine that 9 million people visit there at new year? wow that really is busy if that is correct.
please take care
Mike

reona さんのコメント...

Mike:
Thank you for the comment.

The dry sardines with sugar and soy sauce are delicious.
Please try to make them!

Take care

Mike さんのコメント...

Hi reona
I must find where I can buy the sardines, I have not seen dried sardines for sale here before.
I will check
take care
Mike