2007/01/25

Meiji shrine & wedding

I went to Meiji shrine yesterday by walk for 2 hours in order to feel nature because there are a lot of trees and a park.

This is Meiji shrine.



This place is very famous. Many foreigners come to visit Meiji shrine.

When I were in there, I met the man and woman were wedding of Japanese old style.







Recently, Japanese people doesn't often do wedding of Japanese old style. So I was lucky because I met them in Meiji shrine and I could see wonderful beauty of Kimono and a ceremony of Japanese old style.

Do you want to see the wedding of Japanese old style?

3 件のコメント:

ba さんのコメント...

wow, it is really beautiful indeed! a very formal ceremony...
why aren't there old style ceremonies anymore? is it expensive?

reona さんのコメント...

Ba:
Thank you for the comment.

Yeah, I agree.
It is very beautiful.

Recently, many women want to wear white wedding dress like American etc.
So they pay a lot of money in order to make a wedding dress.

They do wedding in the churches.
Although they are not Christian.
It is funny.

The wedding of Japanese old style is not expensive.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wedding
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kimono
If I plan to do wedding in the future,
I might do this old style wedding.
Because I will be able to wear a beautiful kimono and save some money.
hahaha.

Mike さんのコメント...

Hi Reona
lovely photos .... thanks for posting..
I love this traditional Japanese style ... that's why I love those old films too ....
take care
Mike