2006/10/08

When is good to start learning English?

I am taking a rest now.

I read some documents about an overseas education since yesterday. I am interested in the programs of studying Yoga and aromatherapy or getting a license of the teachers of Yoga now. Of course, studying of IT developer.

I think that it may be difficult to keep working as IT developer. Before, I could work without holidays for a month and I could work through the night in 20's. But I can't do that. I need holidays and sleep.

By the way, I saw the news about English language education in Japan. Some people tried to start English classes in the elementary schools. I think it is good. But Japanese government don't think it is good. I can't understand why they don't want to start.

We studied English language in the junior high school. But many of us can't speak English well. So some of people go to English language schools and study English by paying a lot of money. Funny. The system of Japanese educations may be wrong because we studied English and other in order to enter the colleges. The multiple-choice exam. If I have children, I want them to master practical English. So I wish that the systems of English language educations in schools will better.

When I was a junior high school, there were 2 teachers of English classes. They were very different. One teacher could speak English well and he used not only texts but also the videos of movies and books in the class. I like English since I was a child. I had gone to the private kindergarten school and I had studied English. For example, I and my brother learned English while playing and watching "Sesame Street". Of course I spoke easy English at that time because my mother said that. I thank my parents because I had a good time there.

So the time of studying English wasn't hard for me. But some of my friends in the junior high school didn't like English at all. If they learned only texts which were not interesting in the English class, they didn't study English at all and they didn't feel fun while the class.

We could enjoy English because of one teacher. He had gone to American in order to study abroad. So he knew interesting stories and other more than us. He showed us the movies and books and his stories in order to learn English and other cultures in the class or hear the speaking English . I really thank him. Because I might not study English and didn't feel fun when I was a junior high school if I didn't meet him .

2 件のコメント:

Mike さんのコメント...

Hi Reona
I think to learn any thing like a language or musical instrument, it will always be better to start at a young age.
I wish I had been more interested in languages when I was younger. Unfortunately they did not teach Japanese in schools here. They usually teach French which I started to learn at 11 years old.... but I had no interest in French ..
however because I was young I can remember a little French still.
Your English is very good!!
take care
Mike

reona さんのコメント...

Mike:
Thank you for the comment.

I agree with your thought about learning languages.
Did you learn French?
Wow.
Cool!!!

I didn't know that they teach French in England.
In Japan, students can learn French and Italy at the college or language schools if they go to the college or language schools.
So many of Japanese may not be able to speak French.hahaha

I will learn English more in order to talk with you well.
hahaha