2008/07/03

Charo episode14 - The red star

Charo and Candy are walking to Margherita's place.

Candy: So you came from Japan, right? When are you going back?

Charo: I... don't know.

Candy: Japan is very far, isn't it?

Charo: Yes. But I will get back.

Candy: Oh. (a bit sarcastically) Well... good luck. Beautiful red star.( thinking ) Um, Charo... did you know that... you can get back to where you want to ... if you keep wearing a red star?

Charo: ... Really? I can go back Japan?

Candy: Sure!

Charo: Then, I'll look for a red star.

Needless to say, red stars have nothing to do with going back to Japan. She just made up a story and was playing a joke on Charo.

Two arrive at Rosa's restaurant but Charo is already eager to leave.

Charo: Hello, Margherita. This is Candy.

Margherita: Oh, I remember you. Welcome.

Charo: Um... I need to go now. Excuse me.

Charo dashes away.

Margherita: What was that?

The next day Candy is visiting Margherita's place again. Dread also runs in. He seems upset.

Margherita: Hi, Dread! You look... terrible!!! Hey, have you met Charo's girlfriend Candy?

Dread: Girlfriend? Then, have you seen Charo?

Margherita: (to Dread) What's the matter?

Dread: Charo didn't come back last night.

Margherita:(gasp) No!!!

Just then, Charo shows up. He's limping.

Margherita: Charo!

Dread: Where have you been?

Charo: Dread...Margherita...

Margherita: Are you all right?

A red star is shining around Charo's neck.

Charo: I found it. See,Candy? The red star. You told me about it.

Candy: ... I did?

Charo: I can go back to Japan if I wear this.

Candy: Oh... that.

Candy seems very uncomfortable. Margherita realizes what is going on and cuts in...

Margherita: That's great, Charo! You keep it, and someday your dream will come true!

Charo: Yes!

Dread: Charo, you must be hungry. Here. Eat.

Margherita: Shhh. Don't tell him anything. Don't take his dream away from him now.

Candy: Yes...( in a small voice) I am sorry.

Charo keeps eating, with the red star shining proudly around his neck.

0 件のコメント: