2008/07/17

Shimoda of Shizuoka pref

Do you remember that I got the hotel vaucher for free?

At last night, I called the luxury hotel of Shimoda in order to reserve the room.

Because when I had met my friend and we had decided to go to there on September.
We are planing to go to there by the train and it takes about 3 hours to Tokyo station from Shimoda.

I asked about meals and courtesy car after reserving the room.
The hotel staff said that we will be able to eat 2 meals and get on the car from Shimoda station.
In addition, the dinner will be Japanese seafoods!!!
Wow!
I especially love seafoods!
So I can't wait for staying in the hotel.

Today, I was checking out about websites of Shimoda.
Shimoda is famous as the place of Commodore Perry's arrival in Japan.

I could find interesting places of Shimoda.

You many know Shimoda is a locale of Japanese novel "The Dancing Girl of Izu" of Kawabata.

I want to go to these places.

- Gyokusen-ji Gyokusen-ji is a temple that was built in 1573. It had used as consulate general of US at end of Edo Period.

- Shimoda park



- Shimoda history museum

- Uehara buddhis art museum

you can see exhibitions on this page.

- Uehara museum of Modern art

There are pictures by Cezanne,Renoir,Picasso,Shinsui Itou etc.

- The Murayama Residence
- Perry road

You know, Perry opened the door of Japan to the world.
According to the website, there are cool shops and restaurants in there.



- Foot bath of Harris


Everybody can take a this foot bath for free!

I plan to arrive at Shimoda station at 11 am.
Before checking in the hotel 3 pm, I will be able to go to the some places!

Before I had been to Shimoda by the car. But I didn't go around Shimoda at that time. Only having a lunch.

So I will enjoy Shimoda for 2 days!

2 件のコメント:

Mike さんのコメント...

Hi Reona
that looks like an interesting place .... and you got the hotel for free !!! I hope you have a good time when you go.
take care
Mike

reona さんのコメント...

Mike:
Thank you for the comment!

I am lucky to go to Itou on Sep!

I will write about it after the trip!
I think you will like Itou if you go to Japan.
Because there are many natures and hotsprings, templels, Japanese old houses etc in there.

Take care