2008/07/15

Charo episode16 - Hospital

It's nice, warm day. Charo is enjoying walk and see Candy.

Charo: Candy, where are you going?

Candy: Oh, Charo. To the hospital. Chris is going to have heart surgery pretty soon.

Charo: I didn't know that. You must be worried.

Candy: I can go up to Chris's room when Aunt Charotte is with me, but she is busy. So I always wait for him outside. Oh, Aunt Charotte is Chris's aunt. I'm staying with her while Chris is in the hospital.

The tone of her voice makes Charo a bit worried.

Charo: Candy?

Candy: What?

Charo: Are you all right?

Candy: What? Of course. I am all right.

But in fact, Candy is crying.

Charo: Don't cry.

Candy: I'm lonely. I know I shouldn't be complaining. But Aunt Charotte wants me to enter a dog show this weekend. And then, next week she's going to Chicago and I supposed to go with her. Everything is moving so quickly and I can barely keep up.

Charo: But you can see Chris today. You will be fine.

Candy: So, have you found a way back to Japan?

Charo: No, not yet, but look! I have this red star! "If you wear a red star, you can get back to Japan."

Candy remembers the story she made up and this almost makes her cry again. The two get to the backyard of the hospital.

Candy: Oh, there he is! Chris!

But Chris has just gone inside, being pushed back to his room.

Candy: Arf arf! Chris! I'm here! I came to see you! Come back! Arf arf!

Tow of the guards are approaching. Charo catches Candy by the tail and tugs.

Candy: Hey! What are you doing?

Charo: They're coming. Let's go!

Charo leads Candy out to the alley. Candy keeps crying all the day.

Charo: I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you cry, but...

Candy: I know! We had to leave the way. But I just wanted to be with Chris. I just...

Finally she calms down.

Candy: Hey,Charo,would you come to the dog show with me this weekend?

Charo: Dog show?

Candy: I really don't want to go... but if a friend could join me, it wouldn't be that bad.

Charo: ... Yes.Sure, I can go with you.

The sound of the word "Friends" echoes is his heart. It leaves him warm inside for a very long time.

0 件のコメント: