2006/03/20

Planning the trip abroad

I checked the websites of travel agency today because the holidays called "Golden week" in Japanese are coming up. My conditions of the trip are here. - The places that there are beautiful oceans because I try to do scuba diving. - The places where it is close to Japan because I can't have long vacations. At first,I thought that visiting to Okinawa was perfect. After watching the price of tours to Okinawa,I was shocked. It was higher than trip abroad. Then I checked the tours of Langkawi and Thailand. Those prices were half of Okinawa's price. In addition,including the 3 times meals. I know that domestic trips are very expensive. But I think it is funny. Many Japanese people go to abroad on their vacations because domestic trips are expensive. In consequence,some of Japanese sightseeing spots are suffering from a slump in travel business. Anyway,I am planning my trip now. I have to decide the place where I will go to travel.

2 件のコメント:

匿名 さんのコメント...

hello, hello!

well of course the decision about where you must go is yours but i've learnt that sometimes money can't be the only reason to be considered. otherwise we can enjoy our vacation but have a feeling that it could have been better...

anyway, i only ask you to enjoy every second in order to tell me about it later, ok? ;)

thank you and have a nice trip!

warm regards,
ba.

ps: do you know why domestic trips are that expensive even in japan??

reona さんのコメント...

Hi,Ba!

Thanks for the comment!

>do you know why domestic trips are that expensive even in japan??

I think there are many reasons.

The first,some companies corner the market on transportation in Japan.
For exapmle,JR.
Then some of companies have a deficit.
So they can't provide nice service and they can't discount the prices.
In adittion, supply and demand.

Many peopel want to go abroad.
Because they can spend at nice hotels,they can go to see the sightseeing etc.

Recently,the qualities of Japanese travel services such as hotels are better than before.
For example,Okinawa.