2006/03/31

Is Waiting a job ?

I am waiting now. It is a list of programs. My boss told me about my task after Friday's regular meeting. He is not a professional of web system. Yes,I know it very well because we are working together. On next monday,new servers will set up and the domains of URL will change. We knew about it since 2 months ago. I was wondering when he would prepare . I had done when I had been working in ex-company. If the domains of URL will change,I will start preparing at least before 1 month date of release. - I will send a email to an operation team that is charge in servers in order to prepare new systems soon. If it will be possible to have new systems, we will be able to allow enough time for do testing,before the date of release. We don't change static HTML files.It is a desinger's task. So we ask them to change domains of URL of many static HTML pages. If we ask it before 1 month of the relese, the desingers don't need to worry about the time of release. They will not sleep in thier office to do their task. - find the target of files! Our portal site has many static HTML files and web srcipt language's files. So we have to understand which files we have to change domains of URL. Of couse to do testing again before the release day. - set batch programs on new servers Before the release date, we have to set batch programs and check those. For example ,Log files. - finish all things until at least 5 days before the release day. But this time is different. Because I thought that he already done it. But I mistook. He done nothing to do. Except looking at my monitor of PC and saying to me ,"Do it"! Now,I am waiting for a list of batch programs. Today He remind setting batch programs. He said that he would have to work on Sunday while laughing to me. I thought that's for sure. Anyway,I have to be waiting now to set batch programs.

1 件のコメント:

匿名 さんのコメント...

so many things and so little time... well at least you have projected the target... i hope everything runs ok for you!!!

but... does it mean we won't be able to chat for a while? ;(