2006/07/24

Do you need?

Since last week, it has been heavy rain. landslide disaster happened in south of Japan. According to the weather news, rain may keep falling this week. By the way, many Japanese look at the web site of YouTube. You can find Japanese TV programs on the website of YouTube. When I can't watch the TV programs, I look for them on YouTube at firt and I ofen find out them on YouTube. When I read this news, I noticed that it was not only for me. Many people did that. I head that half of access's number of YouTube was from Japan. If you read this news, you can understand. If I have to take TV or PC, I select PC without hesitation. In deed I usually watch LOST or other movies on my notebook. When I couldn't watch the news or other , I often accessed YouTube and found them that I look for. So my notebook is running at my home even when I work at my office. Today, it is not unusual to watch something on your PC. Moving video picture's services of the internet begins and they are trying looking for the business models .(YouTube, Google Video,GUBA,Veoh etc) Do you still need TV?

5 件のコメント:

Mike さんのコメント...

Hi Reona
well , maybe here in little old England we are a bit behind Japan with that technology. Some people may watch movies and DVDs on their P.C. but not much T.V. is available yet . Youtube is very popular here but I think the broadband connections in the U.K. are quite slow for most people.
I think it will be many years before people here give up their T.V. sets ..ha ha
take care
Mike

Ipshi さんのコメント...

i think tv is mainly for ppl who r sittin at home wit nothin to do and then can just flip thru channels easily ... i find tv very mind numbing if i watch it for too long ...

i become very lazy .. dont feel like doing anything .. so i try to make a conscious effort to get up and start reading or something contstructive ...

does tv make u feel dull too?

Mike さんのコメント...

I forgot to say , I saw the news about the rain ,floods and landslides in Kyushu.It has been widely reported here on the BBC.
It looks terrible and frightening.
I hope the rains stop soon.
take care
Mike

匿名 さんのコメント...

Is the weather becoming more strange? Here in UK it is really hot (well, for us anyway) and sometimes the humidity is high which is unusal.

Hope the rain will stop and that the nature will heal itself.

I use bittorrent more then YouTube.

Living with a techy boyfriend, our TV and PC is the same - he has connected the plasma TV to the computer and to the digital TV box.

reona さんのコメント...

Mike:
Thank you for the comments!
I only watch BBC's programs when they are broadcast in Japan.
I think that they are really good.
Yes.I can't watch only them on YouTube!!!


Ipshi:
You are very clever.
I respect you and I agree with you.
When I watch TV ,I was lazy.
So I try not to watch many TV programs.

lizze:
Thank you for the comment!

I think Japanese weather is becoming more strange.
I agree with you.
You have a digital TV box???
Cool.I want to get it!