2006/09/05

Jidaiji temple #2

After walking the forest, I finally went to Jindaji temple.

This is an entrance of temple.



This belfry is an important cultural property. The Emperor Syowa visited at this and he said that it was good to keep this for a long time.



Before praying, we wash hands by this water.



This is a brozne of Buddha and has been designated as a cultural asset of national importance.



Then I decided to eat lunch. Of course soba!!! Once, I had gone to Jindaji temple and I ate Jindaiji soba. So I went to the other restaurant at this time. The restaurant I had lunch is "Monzen".The menu is here.

I ordered 2 cold noodle "soba" and 1 bottle of beer.

This is a cold noodle "soba" with wild vegetables.



This is a cold noodle "soba" with tenpura.



I can eat a lot of noodle "soba" because soba is my favorite food!!!

This is a bottle of Jindaiji's beer. I drank this for the first time. I want to drink this beer every night!!! haha.




After lunch, I found a interesting shop "Kitarou chyaya". Kitarou is a main character of Japanese anime "Ge-ge-ge no kitarou". If you go to this shop, You can buy Kitarou's goods. These are manju. I ate too much so I couldn't eat them any more.

These are soba breads.



If you buy them at this restaurant "Yaoki", you can eat them outsite the restaurant while looking at the nice views.





I found a cicada! If children come to Jindaiji, they don't need to buy them at pet shops!!! (I can't catch them now.haha)



After waling around Jindaiji temple, I went back to yukari. I really enjoyed!! I will go to there on this month because the maple leaves will have turned red. Anyway, Jindaiji is one of the places I love because I can feel nature.

5 件のコメント:

Mike さんのコメント...

Hi Reona
wow even more amazing pictures, the temple looks very peaceful ( as long as the bell isn't ringing ,I guess .. ha ha)
and all the food ... I want to try the soba with wild vegetables!! .. and the beer of course. It looks quite dark?
What are soba breads?
I can see why you want to visit this place so often , it will look beautiful when the leaves turn red.
I always like Autumn in the Cotswolds when the leaves change colour!
Thank you for sharing this and showing the pictures
take care
mike

reona さんのコメント...

Mike:
Thank you for the comment.

Yes, you are right!
Beer of jindaiji looks quite dark!!
The taste was very delicious.
It looks like Brown beer.

Soba breads are buckwheat cakes.
I don't eat them yet.

I have to eat them!haha

I think that Autumn in the Cotswolds is very wonderful.

I think that it is better than Jindaiji temple.

I hope you enjoy feeling nature!!!

Take care!

Ipshi さんのコメント...

beautiful pics!! its always a treat to check ur blog :) now i hav a sudden urge to go eat noodles too :)

did u know that there r tempura and sushi fan sites?

http://bottled-metro.net/tempura/

i even found the recipe .. it is very similar to what we call "pakoras"!! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pakora

isn't it amazing what similarities v can find even tho v live so far away!!

and o which "wild vegetables" are those .. they look really yummy!!

reona さんのコメント...

Ipshi:
Thank you for the comment and the links!!!

I didn't know about fans sites!!!

Thank you for telling me.

I know about Pakora and I love it.

Before I often went to Indian restaurants and ate Indian foods.
Of course Pakora too!

I feel that I want to eat them tonight!
I really love Inidan food too!
Take care!

reona さんのコメント...

Ipshi:

I forgot to say about my favorite food.

- Curry
(Especially ,Vegetable Curry and Dal Curry)
- Pakora
- Lassi
- Chai

I often eat them at these restaurants.

http://www.rajmahal.gr.jp/
http://www.maharaja-group.com/index.html