2006/08/23

My taste

At last night, I went to the supermakert in order to buy some vegetables. After that, I cooked one meal. Vinegared cucumber and seaweed!!! Yes, it has been hot for days. So I don't want to eat heavy food. Seaweed is a very popular food. We drink miso soup with seaweed and eat salad with seaweed. When I was a child , I didn't like both. But As I grew up, I like both. I don't know whether they are adult's tastes. I often heard that their tastes change and they can eat food that they couldn't eat as soon as they are adults. Of course me too. I couldn't eat a lot of foods when I was a child. Tomatoes, carrots, meats, liver,raw and grilled fish, soy-milk, milk, cheese, ketchup, green peppers, calabrese, miso soup, vinegared food etc. I can't remember all of them. So when I was a child, it was hard to eat foods because they were not food that I could eat. But I can eat them now. Funny. Anyway, I cooked Vinegared cucumber and seaweed and ate them while drinking wine. We call Vinegared cucumber and seaweed "Sunomono". The recipe is this.

6 件のコメント:

Mike さんのコメント...

Hi Reona
well as a child I didn't like eating honey or cooked goosberries? I ate most other things though.
The foods here that I think children won't eat but as you get older you find them tasty are.....
blue cheese (stilton etc.) olives , red wine, liver,....
stuff with strong or bitter flavours.
Well kids today just eat burgers and fries ..ha ha
take care
Mike

ba さんのコメント...

i love cucumber too!! they say it is excellent to prevent blood high pressure.
don't you put some harusame?

reona さんのコメント...

Mike:
Thank you for the comment!

Well, when I was a child and my mother worked , I had to eat burgers and fries.

But I don't eat them at all.
When I watched the movie "Super size me",
I felt that they were worst for the health!!!!

Have you ever watched it?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0390521/
http://www.supersizeme.com/

Have a nice day!

Ipshi さんのコメント...

I try my best not to eat burgers but sometimes i get tempted :)
thanks for including the recipe.. i wanna try out the recipe too but i cant find any seaweed here!! i'll probably use lettuce here..

somehow iv always liked the same kind of food ... only nowdays i need my food to be really spicy!!

reona さんのコメント...

Ipshi:
Thank you for the comment!
Well,I am sorry you can't find seaweed.

But you may eat dishes of seeweed at Japanese restaurants.

I hope you are fine!

Have a nice day!

匿名 さんのコメント...

Cute blog, Reona. And nice name, too. I love cucumbers. I love seaweed, too. In my country, Japanese food is popular and, here, I always order sushi. I love nori and could eat them just plain or the kind with sesame oil and a little salt which the koreans also eat - gim or kim.