2008/01/10

My trip of England #9 Fish& chips and wonderful landscape

After going to Abbey Road, we went to the store of "The beatles".


Of course, Mike took us to there. If I had a lot of money and I were rich, I would bought many goods.

When I bought some goods, I was so surprised. Because clerks behind the counters were Japanese. They stays in London to study English.
I really envy you.

Oh, I forgot the most important thing. When I had met Mike, he gave me to the stamp of The beatles and his CD!!! They are my treasure.

Then I left the store, Mike found the store of Elvis. My mother loves him. So we entered there. She was so glad! Of course, me too!

Then we went to the South bank centre to have a lunch. We got on the tube and got off at Charing Cross station. This place was so nice and huge. Mike said that concerts or opera are hold on there. Then we had a lunch!!! The restaurant is "Canteen". What did I eat???

Of couse, Fish & Chips!!!! And Cider!!!!

- Fish and chips


- Organic cider


They were so delicious!!!!
Especially, The vinegar of UK is better than Japanese vinegar.It is more delicious. (I will looking for the vinegar of UK in Japan.) And the service of the restaurant was so fantastic. If you go to there, you must have a lunch or a supper.

Some people says that the food of UK is not good. But it isn't true. I ate fish&chips and English breakfast,chinese,pizza. They are so delicous. While eating, we enjoyed talking together.

After lunch, he said that the view of this hall's top was so good. So we took the stairs and arrived at the top floor.

Yes, Mike is right.

The landscape was so beautiful.

I could see Thames and classical buildings,the brige etc.






We saw the nice view for a while. Then my mother wanted to go to shopping. I will write about it later.

2 件のコメント:

Mike さんのコメント...

Hi Reona
I'm glad you enjoyed England and the food .
It's true people think that the food we eat is bad and unhealthy but it depends on where you eat . The fish and chips we ate were very good , the restaurant cooked them with good ingredients and it was very fresh. There is lots of great English food and true there may be some very high in calories ha ha, but if the food is fresh and maybe organic and prepared well it will be delicious. I love English breakfast but don't eat it too often or I would be much fatter LOL... if the sausages and bacon are of good quality then it will be delicious . Of course there are many cheap hotels and cafes that serve poor quality sausages or bacon which many people can enjoy but will give English food a bad reputation. Anyway I tried to take you to places serving good food so you could enjoy real English food. The Cider you drank is a very unique English drink and I suspect that very few people in Japan will have ever tasted organic scrumpy cider !!!
Oh ... the vinegar that we put on fish and chips is Malt Vinegar
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vinegar
I think Japanese vinegar is made from rice ?
I will send you some malt vinegar.
It's fun for me to read that you enjoyed your trip to England , thank you for writing about it
take care
Mike

reona さんのコメント...

Mike:
Thank you for the comment & the email!

I agree with you about food of UK.
Japanese food is same!
There are some terrible restarutans in Japan.

I really thank you for looking for the nice restaurants & guiding!!!
You are so kind.

The cider we drank was so delicious.

The cider isn't popular im japan.
I miss cider.hahaha


Japanese vinegar is made from rice!
So the taste of Japanese vinegar is so different from Malt vinegar.

You will send you some malt vinegar?
Wow.
I am glad!!!

Thank you so much!!!

Of course, I am going ahead with writing about the trip of UK!!!