2007/11/08

My trip of England #4 going to the museums

After going to the British Museum, we went to 2 museums. At first, we went to the museums of Chinese ceramic works . It was close to the British Museum. My mother wanted to go to there. So we went to there. There are chinese beautiful ceremic works in there. Although it is a small museum, it is interesting for us.

On the way to the British Library, I found the park "Gordon Square Garden".

According to the information of this park, Virginia Woolf spent a time in this garden.





The roses of pink were so cute!

The park is so nice. I am sorry that there aren't a lot of parks in Tokyo. I like nature. So I envy people of England. One man was reading a book and some persons were taking a rest. The flowers of this garden were beautiful. If I come to England in spring, I will think I would not go back to Tokyo.

We sat down on the bench and felt the nature for a while.

Then we went to the British Library. It is close to Euston station. On the way the British Library, I saw men who drank beer on the pub!!! If I don't go to anywhere, I must drink beer on the pub like them.

After 10 mins, we arrived at the British Library.


I like books and music. Mike taught me that there are lyrics of Beatles in the British Library. So I really wanted to go to there. After checking my bag, we went to the exhibit. There are many interesing exhibits in there.

For example,
- The handwritten manuscript of "Mrs.Dalloway" of Virginia Wolf
- The first book of Shakespeare
(Someday, I'd like to go and see Shakespeare's house of Stratford-upon-Avon. - The handwritten manuscript of "the tle of the pice & banboo"
- The book of Japanese kimono
- The note of Leonardo da vinchi
- The handwitten score of Mozart etc
Of course, there are lyrics of Beatles and music in there.
I was impressed!!! If you like books, you must visit this library! You will be able to enjoy! Then we went back to the hotel. After taking a rest, we ate Japanese instant noodle "soba" as dinner. Yes, we saved money.hahaha

2 件のコメント:

ba さんのコメント...

did you take soba to the hotel?!??

reona さんのコメント...

ba:
Hi!

No!
I just bought the instant Japanese noodle in Japan and packed it in the suitcase.hahaha