2008/04/21

Charo episode4 - Merry Margherita

It's a bright, sunny morning. A loud voice echoes from inside the Italian restaurant.

Margherita: Okay,okay. Oh, don't you worry. Everything is going to be just fine.

Dread:Here comes the noisy one.

Charo:Who?

Dread:Margherita. She lives here, at the restaurant. Sh's got a big mouth, and she sticks her nose into everything.

Charo: Margherita... Sounds like pizza.

Dread:(lightly laughs)

Margherita comes out with a shopping basket hanging around her neck. She sees Dread.

Margherita: Hey, Dread, I haven't seen you for quit a while. How've you been?
(She winks but Dread turns aside, not waiting to be involved.)
Margherita: Oh don't act like that. I thought we were friends, no? Come on, why don't you give me a nice smile and talk for a change?

Dread:Never thought you were my friend.

Margherita: So you do hear me. Good! Anyway, what a wonderful day! Look at the beautiful... Oh my oh my! Who is this little one, he's so cute! Hey, what's your name? Never seen you before, have I?

Charo:あ。。。。あん?

Margherita: Yes I'm talking to you, little price. Oh, what a sweet thing!

Charo just stares at her, with hiou mouth open. Finally he say...
Charo: Ahhh....おばさん?

Margherita: What's that? What did you say? (to nobody) well,what ever. I'm Margherita. Call me that ,Okay?

Charo: Uhm...Could you speak more slowly...please?

Dread: He just came from Japan. Your machine-gun talk is too fast for him.

Margherita: Oh, my. you came all the way from Japan? Un-be-leee-vable. O-kie-do-kie. My name is Margherita. Mar-ghehe-ree-tah. And what's you name, darling?

Charo: Charo,my name is Charo.

Margherita: That's a nice name...Charo. And may I ask you something, Charo? Whatever happened to you owner family?

Charo: Uhm... They went back. To Japan.

Margherita: What!? Oh, poor thing! Charo, you were abandoned.

Charo:A...ban...doned?

Margherita: You know, bye-bye. Sayonara.

Charo: No! I'm just lost.

Margherita: Whatever it is , it's terrible.But don't you worry. You've got Margherita here. You see? I'm your friend!!!

Dread is getting tired of Margherita's talk. He lies down and sighs.

Margherita: I've got an idea. I'm going shopping. How would you like to come with me?

Charo: Shopping? Dogs...shop?

Margherita: Of course! Dogs can shop, easy.

Charo:へぇ。。。

Margherita:If you're going to live here you should know the way around.So come on, Charo, follow me.(Starts walking.)

Charo quickly asks Dread for advice.

Charo: What do you think?

Dread: Why not? You'll get to see the City. Good chance to learn.

Charo:...Okay.

Margherita: New York, New York
Crowds of people rushing around
New York, New York
It's the world's most fascinating town
Walk along the Broadway, watch today's matinee
Go inside a flower shop and buy a big bouquet
There's nothing you can't get, in Manhattan cafes
Pizza,sushi,kebab,sherbet,escargot and steak

New York, New York
Taxicabs are honking around
New York, New York
It's everybody's drem town

0 件のコメント: