2007/02/01

My trip of Penang #6 The festival "Thaipusam"

I looked forward to seeing the festival "Thaipusam" .This day of penance and thanksgiving for Hindu devotees is held in honour of Lord Muruga or Lord Subramaniam. The festival is best experienced in Kuala Lumpur where the deity's jeweled chariot is led in a mass procession through the streets of the city, culminating at the Batu Caves in Selangor. An unforgettable sight is the thousands of devotees in a trance-like state carrying body-piercing kavadis or ornate frames. Thaipusam is celebrated on a big scale in Selangor, Penang, Melaka, Johor and Perak. After getting on the taxi from Penang's museum, we arrived in the place of festival.Already, there were a lot of people in there.



These were Hindu temples.



I found elephants!!!


They put
body-piercing on their bodies.




The women were so beautiful.



There were stalls in there and we walked the street and enjoyed seeing all of the festival for 2 hours. After that, we got on the taxi and went back to the hotel. Then I enjoyed swimming in the pool and reading the book. I think it was good to go the festival. If I didn't talk with one woman, I couldn't see the festival. I thank her so much. If you want to know about other festival, you can check on this.

0 件のコメント: