2007/02/01

My trip of Penang #5 Going around Gerogetown

After waking at 7 am, I and my mother had a breakfast. Then we went to Gerogetown by Taxi. The price of Taxi was RM45(about 1575yen). After 30 hours, we saw the Clock tower.

This Victoria Memorial Clock Tower was donated by Cheah Chen Eok, a wealthy Penang citizen, in 1897 on th occasion of the diamond jubilee of Queen Victoria's reign. The 60ft-high (18.3m) clock tower--symbolising 60 years of the Queen's reign--was only completed in 1902 when she had passed away. The tower cost 35,000 Straits Dollars to build. During World War II, bombs dropped on King Edward Place and caused the clock tower to tilt slightly. Rule Brittania!

After seeing it, we went to St George's Church and Penang museum.


Penang's museum was very good because I could know the history of Penang. Then we got on the taxi in order to see one festival near botanical garden. I will write about one festival later.

0 件のコメント: