2008/05/31

My trip of Kagoshima #4

I want to write about the trip of Kagoshima again.

My father and I had gone to many places of Kagoshima by the bus.

- Nagasaki bana

There are some shops and gardens, a zoo around there. I took photos of my dad in there.And my dad took the photo of me.



Although the season wasn't spring, I could see beautiful flowers. In the past, Japanese often had gone on the wedding trip. I heard that from my dad and mom. But they had gone to Guam!!!Wow. I heard My dad wanted to go to Guam!!! Now, he doesn't want to go to other countries... I can't understand him at all.

- Ibusuki city and sand bath



Sand bath of Ibusuki is famous. It was first time for me. Many people enjoyed them. Of course, me too. I heard that they can't put up with sand bath for about 10 mins. But I could enjoy sand bath for 40 mins. I think I could enjoy sand bath because I did hot yoga before.

My dad was scared of sand bath and he gave up to sand bath.hahaha

You know that I love hot springs. Of course, I went to the hot spring of the hotel after enjoying sand bath. Then I was surprised because the water of the hot spring is ocean water! I heard that all of hot springs of Ibusuki are sea water. They are different from other hot springs. So you have to take a shower and wash the body and your hair after entering hot springs of Ibusuki.



- the factory of satsumaage "Satsuma an"


Satsuma age of Kagoshima is a famous food. I heard that Takamori Saigo loved satsuma age. Although there is a statue of him in Ueno zoo and there is a different statue in Kagoshima city. By the way, I didn't like satsuma age before. But I love it at once when I ate satsuma age. It was different from satsuma age of Tokyo. I wanted to buy a lot of them. But they are made from fish and they have to be keept in the refrigerator for a few days. So I gave up buying many satsuma age because I must not eat all of them for few days... So I bought a few them at the factory and I kept them in fridge. Of course, my dad too.

- the factory of Shochu and gold mountain

We went to the one Japanese restaurant and enjoyed having a lunch.



Then we went to the factory of Shochu. Shochu of Kagoshima is made from sweet potato and kouji. I can drink other shochu... But Shocu of Kagoshima smells awful... So My dad and I couldn't drink them at all...

After seeing the factory of Shochu, we went to the gold mountain. In the past, there were a lot of gold mountains in Kagoshima and people found the gold in undergrounds. I think it was hard to work in the underground while I saw the factory. They couldn't see any lights and the works were so hard... I respect them. There is a temple and the gold statue in the underground.



Golds were exported to Chinese, Uk etc. Many people of other countries had lived in Kagoshima and Nagasaki. And Shimazu had a lot of money and they imported to the dishes of Chinese, silks etc. Before the trip of Kagoshima, my mother asked us to buy the gold!!!! Indeed, there are expensive things in the stores. But we didn't buy them. hahaha.

Then we went back to the hotel. There are a lot of beautiful dishes in there. They were called "Satsuma yaki".

People of Kagoshima had learned how to make them from Chinese and UK,Portuguesa etc.







- The garden and houses of Shimazu "Sengan en"

You know I love gardens. So I really wanted to go to there. We had a luxury lunch in there and we went around the gardens and many houses.





- The museum "Syuko sen kan"



This museum was built by Shimazu. You can enter to there for free. There are a lot of exhibits in there. I enjoyed seeing them for 2 hours with my dad. If you go to there, you will learn about the history of Japan and Kagoshima etc. I want to go to there again.

- the factory of the glass "Satusma kiriko"

The glass of Kagoshima is famous.







We watched the way glass blowers made glassware for about 30 mins. It is so excellent and their skill is wonderful! The glasswares are so beautiful.If you have a money, please buy them! They aren't expensive too much.

2 件のコメント:

Mike さんのコメント...

Hi Reona
it looks like you had a great time . It looks like a very interesting place. The gardens look amazing.
hope all is well
Mike

reona さんのコメント...

Mike:

Hi, how are you?
And thank you for the comment!

Yeah, Kagoshima was good!
If you go to there, you will like gardens etc!

I'll write emails later.

P.S
The new projects started...
So I'm a little busy...
I'd like to be free.hahaha