2009/05/11

The seeds of Saltwort and Lettuce

Yesterday, I planted the seeds of Saltwort and Lettuce.
I bought seeds of them before holidays.

I didn't know about saltwort before I found the seeds of saltwort in the shop.
Of course, I have never eaten that.

I didn't plant seeds of them because I planted to stay in my parent's home.

This is saltwort's flower.If it is possible, I want to see flowers of saltwort.
By the way, I couldn't water plants(radishes, rocket-salads, Garland chrysanthemum) during the holidays.
So I looked for the informations on the net and found one way.

I filled big styrol boxes half-full of water and planters of plants were filled with styrol boxes.



According to the website of Japanese gardening, plants can be grown for about 7 days. The way is called "Koshi mizu". I am sorry because that I don't know the word in English...

My all plants were growing because of "Koshi mizu". During holidays, I was so worried about my plants.
Yesterday, I thinned out seedlings of rocket salads,Garland chrysanthemum. Of course, I ate them as salad. The taste was so good!I hope that they are bigger!!!

0 件のコメント: