2010/02/25

Sign of spring

A few days ago, it is warmer in Japan. When I wear a coat, I feel hot. Many people wear less clothing for a few days. Spring will comes along soon. I will prepare spring's clothes on this weekend.

I will harvest all of winter's vegetables on next weekend.

This is herb "German chamomile" of my balcony.
I hope that I'll see flowers of camomile in May.



This is a flower of Christmas rose.

After watering all plants, I enjoy watching beautiful flowers every day.

By the way, we can see cherry blossoms in spring.

The Japanese are particularly fond of the cherry tree and have planted it throughout the country.Each spring, the cherry blossom season begins in Okinawa and moves gradually northward.

Although at each place the petals fall after about a week, a person traveling north with the "cherry blossom front" would be able to enjoy the blossoms for nearly three months.

Spring is the time for picking a variety of edible wild plants.

Have you ever eaten the vegetable "Bamboo shoot"?

Bamboo shoots are in season in spring.
So we can eat fresh bamboo shoots in Japan.

Last year, I went to harvest bamboo shoots of forests. If it is possible, I want to get bamboo shoots in this spring.

0 件のコメント: