2006/04/18

keep standing for 2 hours?

I had received a email by my cell phone. It was from My dad who is in Nagoya of Aichi pref for business. He asked me whether I would come to Nagoya on holidays of May. I have no plan to do on hoildays yet. Before I had received a email, I didn't plan that I would go to Nagoya at all because it is hard to get on the train while "Golden weeks" of Japanese holidays. In Japan, it is common to go back to their hometown or enjoy domestic trips during Golden week. So there are big crowds of people in the trains or airplanes during Golden weeks,highways. Many people who live in Tokyo leave Tokyo . So Everything is crowded in Japan. Except Tokyo. If you get on the trains during morning rush hour of Golden weeks, you may be surprised. I always wonder why everyone take holidays during Golden weeks. Because there is not many people in Tokyo and it is comfortable to get on the trains during morning rush hour of Golden weeks. If I go to another place of Japan, I have to get on a crowded trains or airplanes. A few years ago,I had gone to Nagoya during Golden weeks. I can't forget it. Because I couldn't sit down a seat on the train and I had to keep standing for 2 hours on the trains. Despite I had paid money of the train. Can you believe? I heard that the boarding percentage of trains during Golden weeks was 200 %!! It is strange!! Although the max percentage is 100 %. If you have to drive your cars on highways during Golden weeks in order to leave Tokyo, you will have to wait getting your cars for many hours. If you make reservations of hotels to enjoy your trips in Japan, you will pay more money during Golden weeks. Because it is true that Golden week price of tourist industry become really highest. And in addition, you might not be able to make reservations of hotels. There are not more people in Tokyo during Golden weeks. So it is comfortable to stay in Tokyo. Some people who live in Tokyo said that it is nice to stay in Tokyo on Golden weeks. Because you must not wait for your turn crowded people if you go to play spots in Tokyo. Because you don't need to keep waiting for your turn for hours if you go to sightseeing spots of Tokyo. So now,I can't decide that I will go to Nagoya during Golden weeks. Because I may have to stand up for 2 hours if I get on the train to go to Nagoya despite paying some money of trains.

2 件のコメント:

ba さんのコメント...

hahahaha do you get amazed about standing for 2 hours on a train? this is so usual here in brazil! poor country...

anyway, do you think all this trouble happens because of the lack of choices or because everyone tries to go to the same place at the same time?

reona さんのコメント...

Hi,Ba!!

Thank for your comment.

Although I had kept standing for 2 hours on the train,I couldn't understand myself and JR.

I am glad you understand.

The reason is that everyone leaves from Tokyo at the same moment!!
hahaha!
How funny!