2009/12/11

The rice harvest season and Japanese potherb mustard "Mizuna"

October is the season for harvesting rice. Rice fields turn from a bright green to a shining golden color and freshly harvested rice appears on the market. Newly harvested rice tastes even better this season partly because it contains more water than other seasons. Steamed rice alone tastes delicious. However, a popular and even more delicious autumn rice dish includes adding seasonal ingredients such as mushrooms, chestnuts and salmon to the rice. One friend sent me the freshly harvested rice before a few months. So I made Japanse dish "Takikomi gohan". These are Japanese vegetable "Mizuna".

Recently, I don't buy Mizuna in the super maket. Because I am growing them and the taste is more delicious. I hope that I will make the salad of Mizuna soon.

0 件のコメント: