2006/09/05

Imagine

After work, I went back home and turned on the TV.

One movie was broadcasted when I was turning on TV.

"The Killing fields".



Do you know about it?

This movie was made in 1984. Yes, it is a little old movie.

But the message of this movie is not old.

This movie was based on the true story.

Once, I had gone to the exhibit of Pulitzer Prizes photos and I saw photos of Cambodian civil war . I was very shocked at some photos.

After I watched a movie "The Killing fields", I can't forget these words.

American:“Forgive me”.

Cambodian:“Nothing to forgive you, nothing”.


Just their friendship.


If you watch this movie, you can understand the title of this article.



Before, I didn't know this movie. But today this movie became one of the movies I love.

3 件のコメント:

Mike さんのコメント...

Hi Reona
that is a very moving film,
I hope it has made people think and question war,
I hope it helps every one to understand the horrors associated with conflict.
take care
Mike

reona さんのコメント...

Mike:
Thank you for the comment.

Yes,very moving film.

When I watched last of this movie,
I knew that this movie was based on the true story for the first time.

I think about the war and peace after watching it.
And I shed my tears when journalist for the New York Times finally met Cambodian assistant Dith Pran.

I thought that human is very wonderful and people manage to understand each other even if people are different.
In addition, it was true that American journalist and Cambodian Pran could understand and they were friends.
Anyway,I think this movie let me remember that the peace is most important again.
Very nice movie.

Take care!

Mike さんのコメント...

well I agree, friendship is a wonderful and important thing.
These days it is much easier to have friends from different cultures and backgrounds because of the internet and mobile phones etc.
I wish more people could get on in peace with each other.
take care
Mike