2006/09/01

Ox

I forgot to write about food of Touhoku although I wrote about Iwate's temples etc. Yes, I enjoyed them very much. If you go to Iwate prefecture, you can enjoy Touhoku's food.

- Gyu-tan



Have you ever eaten ox tongue?

Ox tongue is called Gyu-tan. I like them very much. So when I go to Yakiniku restaurant, I eat them. Gyu-tan is originally from Sendai. There are many restaurants where we can eat cow's tongue in Tokyo. Once, I went to a restaurant Ajitasuke of Iidabashi. Ajitasuke is the first restaurant that started providing a dish "Gyu-tan". Of course there are branches of Ajitasuke in other prefectures.

- morioka reimen (cold noodle)



I never eat them yet. But I heard that they are very delicious and look like Pyongyang in North Korea. To tell the truth, I don't like "Hiyashi-tyuka"(Cold Chinese noodles). But I can eat Pyongyang of North Korea and I like. I will try it someday.

- wanko soba



Do you want to try eating wanko soba?

By the way, I recommend Matsushima. Matsushima is not food.



But it is a nice view. When Einstein visited in Japan , he saw Matsuhima and said that the skill of master craftsperson cannot make this beauty. I agree. very wonderful. I hope that I will go to there again.

3 件のコメント:

ba さんのコメント...

yes, we put oxen tongue in one of our most traditional dishes: feijoada!
http://www.answers.com/topic/feijoada

Mike さんのコメント...

Hi Reona
well ox toung is eaten often in the U.K. but usually as a cold sliced meat.... it's delicious ... I guess it's just boiled for a long time to cook it first..
how is it cooked in japan?
take care
Mike

reona さんのコメント...

Mike:
You know about how to cook very well.
I respect you.

I heard that ox tongue is boiled for a long time too!
So we don't often cook it at home.

Ox tongue isn't often eaten in Japan because it isn't sold at many stores.

So we go to Korean or Ox tongue "Gyu-tan" restaurants in order to eat.

Tanshio is a dish of Korean restaurant.

http://www.inet-shibata.or.jp/~ytoshi/japan/food/fastfood/yakinikuya.htm

This is a photo of tanshio.
http://www.authenticbar.com/kqz/days/archives/tomo_tanshio-thumb.JPG

We often eat grilled ox tongue with salt.

Are there Yakiniku restaurants in England?
And are they popular?

I heard that they are very delicious in korea.

Shi-okubo is a little Korean town.

http://www.teji-tokyo.com/
(I couldn't find websites of English.Sorry)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shin-Okubo_Station

So there are many stores and restaurants of Korea in Shinokubo.
Shinokubo is very close to Shinjyuku station.
(I can go to Shin-Okubo from Shinjyuku staion by walk for 7-10 mins.)

I will write about Korean food if I go to Korean restaurants of Tokyo.

Have a nice day!