2006/09/19

Once upon a time in America

Yesterday was a holiday. I finished reading a book "iCon". Then I watched the movie "Once upon a time in America" at night.



My father loves movies. So since I was a child, I often watched movies with my father at the movie theaters. Of course I watched this movie before. But I didn't remember the story of this movie. I just knew the last of this movie. Because I was a child and it was difficult to understand the story for me. So I wondered why one person disappear on the road before last night. If you watched this movie, you can understand. Anyway, I could enjoy watching this movie and I finally could solve my longtime question.

By the way, I have other question of other movie. Also it is a longtime question.

I don't remember how old I was. I just remembered that I had been at the movie theater with my father and mother.

Once, I heard from my mother that my parents often had gone to the movie theaters with me many times at the nights since I was a baby. Then they had watched movies and my mother had held me while watching movies. Of course I had been falling asleep in my mother's arms during the movies. But I had woke up and I had seen one scene of the movie.

The scene I remembered is

At the night, it is a storm.

 Then One person (I think that it was a men) hide behind the curtain in the room. He has a knife and he is waiting for someone. After a while, one fat man is coming into the room.

That's all I remembered.

Before, I asked my mother which movie it was. But she didn't know it.

This may be a longtime question.

4 件のコメント:

Mike さんのコメント...

Hi Reona
Once upon a Time in America, is a great film,
I love Sergio Leone's work. The three westerns he made with Clint Eastwood and "Once upon a Time in the West" are all superb movies ..... Once upon a Time in the West is one of the best westerns ever made.
It sounds like your parents took you to see some scary films ...ha ha .... no wonder you remember the man with the knife .... I'm sorry though I don't know which film it is..
was it an American movie? or Japanese?
hope you are well
take care
Mike

reona さんのコメント...

Mike:
Thank you for the comment!

I agree.
"Once upon a time in America" is very nice.

The music and picture of it was very beautiful.

I like very much.

By the way, I respect you because you know the movies well!

Before the movie, the documentary of Sergio Leone was broadcasted on TV.
I watched it.
I could know that Sergio Leone wanted to make "Once upon a time in America" for a long time.
Then after making it, he was dead.

I think he was a great director and person.

I want to see "Once upon a time in Amrica" again.

Mike さんのコメント...

Hi Reona
the music is cool , the composer is Ennio Morricone
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ennio_Morricone
I love his music for films,
he made the music for many of Sergio Leone's films.
I want to watch "Once upon a Time in America" again now!!
take care
Mike

reona さんのコメント...

Mike:
Thank you for the comment!

I read the website of Ennio Morricone.
Wow.

I didn't know about him well.
But I listened his music when I watched the movies.
I like these music.

- The Mission,
- La Leggenda del pianista sull'oceano
- The Untouchables
- Nuovo cinema Paradiso

Of course, "Once Upon a Time in America" too!